TBS12B is a battery powered outdoor RTU fully LoRaWAN 1.02 compliant. It has been designed to cope with applications where SDI-12 maximum range is a limitation by leveraging the long range capability of LoRa. TBS12B is delivered within its IP67 rated aluminium die cast housing along with a fixture to tie it to a pole. Its connector allows plugging directly one SDI-12 sensor or a junction box would multiple SDI-12 sensors need to be locally deployed.
The embedded LoRa modem supports both low (433/470MHz) and high (868/915MHz) LoRa radio bands, which makes TBS12B suitable to be used anywhere without having to replace the RF board.
TBS12B is deployed as a unique node into a typical LoRaWAN network architecture, sending its packets to the gateway that relays them to the LoRaWAN server over a TCP/IP connection:
- Compatible with SDI-12 v1.3 compliant sensors
- Supports all regional bands as defined in LoRaWAN 1.02 regional parameters specification.
- Flexible LoRaWAN settings:
- ABP / OTAA
- ACK / REPEAT features
- Configurable frequencies and data rates
- EUI and ciphering keys
- PC application to configure the platform (UART)
- Configurable measurement and transmission intervals; timing alignment and time zone support
- Up to 16 SDI-12 commands can be programmed
- Batteries: 3*1.5V DCELL
- Low quiescent current: 5-7µA
- Operating temperature: -40; +85 °C